Friday, June 21, 2013

June week three

New Skills.....

..... Scrapbooking. Yes, the woman who sold scrapbooking kits and paper, had never scrapbooked a 12x12 page in her life. I made two pages for a family gift to Grandma & Grandpa Zegers for their 60th Wedding Anniversary. I have to say I enjoyed it. Using the hymn Praise to the Lord the Almighty and our full names and important dates, I used one of my kits and they turned out very nice. It was fun but I like cards still for my paper crafting as I can get so many more done in the 4 hours it took to set up, do, and clean up for the 2 pages.

.... sewing. the children and I tried to make something we saw on a blog. We pulled out both of the sewing machines that Isabel got for Christmas two years ago. One is defiantly a toy and the other is a nice little machine that will serve her well as I teach her. It also really made me want a nice new one of my own. It was so helpful in the little quilting project we under took. I used it to quickly mend a few things including a dress for Isabel.

...Bathing a chicken. A sick chicken so she did not put up a fight. We will see if she makes it.


This is all for the Glory of God, who made the chicken and created us in his image with a desire to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment